Chat about anything you want.
#15389 by QQing4gold
Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:38 am
howdy all
ill be visiting oregon for a vacation in june/ july. i want to at least do a day panning and sluceing. ill be in the souther part of oregon,mostly the grants pass area .im a member of gppa and was wondering wich gpaa claims in the southern part of the state would you consider best or do you think other public acess areas my be a better choice. also feel free to throw some must see tourist stuff and good places to eat in

thanks
wayne

Advertising

#15392 by contenderplacer
Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:00 am
i dont know much about gpaa claims other than they can sometimes be a problem to find, but for something touristy to do hit up the oregon caves..
http://www.nps.gov/orca/planyourvisit/hours.htm
or before you come down find out where some of the local museums are that can be a cool thing to check out as well...you also might thumb through the site here to find out where there are good places to go in that area members are always posting on sites to pan and highbank all the time...
#15394 by goldsuckers
Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:46 am
IN all the years in oregon, the neatest rd, paved, is from glendale to powers, and there is gold barren creeks to. A must see. No traffic even on a weekend, several different forest, great veiws, with history plaques all the way. You wont see any deer down there, the cougar have taken over.
#15401 by Bluestar9
Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:50 pm
goldsuckers wrote:IN all the years in oregon, the neatest rd, paved, is from glendale to powers, and there is gold barren creeks to. A must see. No traffic even on a weekend, several different forest, great veiws, with history plaques all the way. You wont see any deer down there, the cougar have taken over.

Why would he want to go to creeks that are barren of gold? :lol: Sorry, couldn't resist. Although you are right, it is a great scenic drive. You may even take a wrong turn & have a great adventure.
Be aware though a lot of these creeks are claimed up, including where my claim is along that road, so don't get into any trouble or be confronted for claim jumping. If unfamiliar with how to check for claimed areas stick with the public & GPAA claims.
Bill
#15405 by contenderplacer
Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:39 pm
ya just dont go up wolf creek...lol
#15482 by QQing4gold
Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:21 am
thanks to all who replied. yes ill either be going to gpaa claims or public access. i wouldnt risk claim jumping in an area i know nothing about. except i hear on wolf creek the golds so good i might consider this . j/k of course. let me throw something else out there. would any of you guys maybe be intrested in letting us work one of you private claims . id be willing to pay a fee especially if you might have a highbanker or a sluice. with or without you. preferably with you and your guidence. i have prospected afew times but my wife and our 2 friends have never prospeted.ive only got one full day to prospect possibly even 2. i considered oregon gold trips but its 3 days and $500/ person. maybe ill call and see if they can do something shorter. so anyone out there always wanted to be a gold guide ?

thanks again
wayne
#18571 by cooter
Tue May 31, 2011 12:54 pm
anyone know how the gpaa group up quartzville in oregon did this weekend?