Gold Recovery Equipment
Gold Rush Trading Post

Don't like seeing these ads? DONATE today and help keep OGH ad free!

mine for sale...

Post miscellaneous items for sale.
Forum rules
All sales, trades or purchases are not monitored by Oregon Gold Hunters. Please be aware and please DO NOT screw anyone.

If its used please be sure to post that.

mine for sale...

Postby contenderplacer on Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:14 am

wow !!! wife just got an email from a realtor down in southern oregon that the historic blackjack mine out of grants pass is for sale...anyone have an extra 125,000 layin around...hahaha i guess the shaft is currently blown shut..did some research on it and unfortunatly the epa is all over the two or three mines that are up there for toxic runoff, so maybe not a mess to get ones self into...but how cool huh....
prospecting is our right , not a crime !!!!

MINING ISNT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART OR THE LAZY OF ASS....SO MUCH WORK FOR SO LITTLE RETURN...I DONT THINK SO..THE RETURN ISNT IN GOLD... BUT IN LIFELONG FRIENDSHIPS AND ACQUINTENCES.......KVB-1867....
contenderplacer
49er

Re: mine for sale...

Postby justinburnett on Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:39 am

That's be a hell of a good time but you're right about the EPA and such. They'll tie you up with regulations, and delays, and studies, until you die or give up and sell (probably what's going on right now).
justinburnett
49er

Postby contenderplacer on Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:48 pm

ya id have to agree..i read that they are in the process of determining to what extent the acid coming out of one of adits is polluting the creek..not a real good thing to get into the middle of im sure...

MINING ISNT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART OR THE LAZY OF ASS....SO MUCH WORK FOR SO LITTLE RETURN...I DONT THINK SO..THE RETURN ISNT IN GOLD... BUT IN LIFELONG FRIENDSHIPS AND ACQUINTENCES.......KVB-1867....
contenderplacer
49er

Postby kerbyjackson on Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:54 pm

They've been trying to sell the BlackJack for some time.

http://www.c21harristaylor.com/properti ... l/52901803

In addition to the EPA issue and the fact that the mine itself is sealed, the BlackJack was also not what one would call a "great" mine. It was a very small producer that gave up a single pocket of ore; total production of about 250 ounces over a period of ten years removed by hand mortaring. Presumeably, the pocket was exhausted.

Gold is the new scam on the part of local realtors who are desperate to sell property. It seems that almost weekly you see some sort of property that is being advertised as a "potential gold mine" locally. By that standard, almost EVERY property in SW Oregon is a potential mine.
kerbyjackson
49er

Postby contenderplacer on Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:04 pm

hey kerby thanks for the info and i agree that there is alot of advantage being taken on people in the name of gold and possible finds...my wife just happened to get that from a realtor we know down there that has been watching for proporty for us in a select price range.. so it flagged our criteria...i will move down there some day..and at the very least i will be informed and savy to the land situation down there and where and where not to go...interesting they only found one pocket i was under the understanding that more times than not they ocurred in threes...with the deeper pockets being richer historically sometimes pinched off completely from the preceeding ones....you never know... :D

contenderplacer
49er

Postby kerbyjackson on Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:07 pm

Well, it's not to say that there isn't more there. The BlackJack is certainly in a good gold bearing area (the well known Gold Star group is just up the road), but the real question is: How much gold is left?

When you consider that the pocket was exhausted, the tunnel was sealed and that the cabin on it is probably a wreck, 125K is a fair chunk of change for 10 acres of scrubby brush, especially when you could claim 20 acres on the same creek and build a new cabin for a hell of a lot less.

That said, at least it's a legitimate mine.

A few years ago, my wife and I nearly bought the old Edgerton place on Benjamin Gulch near Placer, but thought it was way overpriced and that the realtor was a flake. Then they tore the house down and we definitely weren't interested. What are they doing now? Selling it as a potential gold bearing property, when there's no indication of gold there beyond the fact that it's simply located a few miles down the hill from the Columbia and the Greenback.
kerbyjackson
49er

Postby kerbyjackson on Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:47 am

As a bit of an update, I was out by the BlackJack earlier tonight looking at a few creeks (they are all dry out in that area right now) and actually passed right next to it on my way up.

I'll tell you what, when they said the cabin was "rough", they weren't kidding.
kerbyjackson
49er

Postby contenderplacer on Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:24 pm

thats totally laughable kerby...i know that the realtors are just the used car saleman of land and homes so it doesnt surprise me that the embelishment of the whole thing is funny as hell....hey i got a killer sweet claim for sale...guarded access..remote hardly worked ground..you know they say gold is under big rocks a..so there are plenty of places to look..i have magnitite ore ready for assay but havent sent it in yet..and its definatley showing strong signs of the possible presence of gold bearing materials..there has been extensive sampling and the gold there is where one would expect to find it...theres year round water (just have to dig for it) and a metal frame cabin and sun cabana on site...as well as many potential camping spots ..all close to stores and gas and resturants for all your needs..wildlife abounds here....hahahahaha..$17,500 or will sell week long units of time...lol

contenderplacer
49er

Postby kerbyjackson on Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:54 pm

Oh, jeez. That sounds just like the last claim someone tried to sell me!
kerbyjackson
49er

Postby onion mountain on Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:43 am

High sulfides and low assays, toxic cleanup can quickly move into Millions of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$+, best to avoid this one, heck I've seen good claims around So. Oregon for a grand, you can buy a 40 acre patented lode claim in Cave Junction for $40K Cash.
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE!
onion mountain
Prospector

Next

Return to Misc for Sale