Post new gear for sale here
Forum rules: All sales, trades or purchases are not monitored by Oregon Gold Hunters. Please be aware and please DO NOT screw anyone.

If its used please be sure to post that.
#17980 by rickwillson
Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:52 am
I am the designer and manufacturer for the EZ Feed System. It is designed as an accessory to the Blue Bowl. Unlike other more expensive items for sale out there, the EZ Feed sells for $59.95.
Here is a link to the website, take a look and leave feedback.
http://www.randstech.willgotou.com
Photo Page:
http://www.randstech.willgotou.com/ezfeed/photos.html

Thank you,
Rick

Advertising

#17986 by rickwillson
Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:18 pm
I'm a workin on it, cant find my camera!
Rick :roll:
#17991 by justinburnett
Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:45 pm
Ah shoot, I can't read apparently. I didn't realize you said YOU made those. :) Either way, yeah, find that camera! I'm not the biggest fan in the world of blue bowls, to be honest, but if it works real well I might buy one to feed that little sluice concentrator that I have.
#17996 by alaskaflounder
Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:18 pm
I have one and it is all right. I met Rick at one of the shows and got the story of how this used to be feeder on the Gold Lab before they had the falling out. 2 sides to every story I guess. With this feeder, you still need to baby sit it, although it is faster then feeding in by spoon. I have made my own since then as I run 2 BB at same time for the different classifications. Depending on how you set it up, for the $60 you get a lot of stuff you dont need (but it comes in a pretty bag :lol: ) and he wouldnt listen to how I only needed 2 parts of it. Mining the miners I guess.

**Rick, before you lash back, you and I talked at one of the shows and if it wasnt for me needing a prototype, you wouldnt have gotten my $60. I still think a lot for the funnel and feeder from Walmart automotive and plumbing parts from Home Depot.
#18002 by rickwillson
Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:23 pm
Re: EZ Feed Systems

Post by alaskaflounder » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:18 pm
I have one and it is all right. I met Rick at one of the shows and got the story of how this used to be feeder on the Gold Lab before they had the falling out. 2 sides to every story I guess. With this feeder, you still need to baby sit it, although it is faster then feeding in by spoon. I have made my own since then as I run 2 BB at same time for the different classifications. Depending on how you set it up, for the $60 you get a lot of stuff you dont need (but it comes in a pretty bag :lol: ) and he wouldnt listen to how I only needed 2 parts of it. Mining the miners I guess.

**Rick, before you lash back, you and I talked at one of the shows and if it wasnt for me needing a prototype, you wouldnt have gotten my $60. I still think a lot for the funnel and feeder from Walmart automotive and plumbing parts from Home Depot.

Hi alaskaflounder,
I appreciate the feedback. Makes me really want to look closely at my hard work and decide if it really is worth the $60. Well, that didn't take long. Apparently you haven't looked into the prices of the items that I have put together here.
First of all, I purchase ALL of the parts for the EZ Feed directly from the manufacturers of the items. I do not buy things from Walmart and Home Depot. The labor involved in building the frame and assembling the valve system alone make it worth the money I am charging for the EZ Feed Kit, and by the way, it is a KIT. I do not sell the part separately. Can you buy only 1/2 of a car? Or even 1/2 of a piano? I believe Sixty bucks is a fair price. I try very hard to keep the price as low as possible. Also, I don't understand exactly what you mean by "Depending on how you set it up, for the $60 you get a lot of stuff you dont need (but it comes in a pretty bag :lol: )", is it the bag you didn't need?
Secondly, Lets see, why did you buy one? Oh yeah, you wanted to take it and copy it! Because you only needed 2 parts, and I wouldn't sell you the parts you needed at the Las Vegas show, you decided to just buy it and copy it.
Thirdly, Lets see, why did you buy one? Oh yeah, because it works!
Thank you very much for your input.
Rick
#18003 by alaskaflounder
Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:39 pm
Rick,
I didn't buy it to copy to sell it, I bought it so I could see how it worked and possibly improve on it. I paid for it so if I wanted to paint it purple and fill it with Jello, I have that right. I appreciate the effort and time involved in getting it to work right and all of the tweaking it took. I admire it. I am just saying that I have improved it and in my personal opinion that the $60 seemed pretty steep for parts I have since found at Walmart and Home Depot. If you are not getting your parts from there, then I recommend you do a price check and maybe somebody is making money off of you! I am not competing against you. You asked for comments and I gave them. If you didn't want to hear the truth from somebody who spent the money on your product, then dont ask.
#18004 by rickwillson
Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:50 pm
Hi Again Alaskaflounder,
Again, I appreciate the input. And I also appreciate the business. You cannot buy the valve at Home Depot, or Walmart for that matter. You can get it at True Value Hardware for $7.95, but That is not where I get it because it cost too much there and I like to pass on the savings that I get.
If I bought the parts from Home Depot or Walmart, I would have to fix the price at around $100 to make it worth my time to build the kit, and I don't like to "Mine the Miners" as they say. I make a good product that works for a fair price.
By the way, does the jello run smoothly thru the hopper tip? :)
Rick
#18005 by alaskaflounder
Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:03 pm
Thanks for your reply. Actually, I run mercury through it (same consistency as the Jello :o ), and it hangs right before going through the nozzle. Does not handle heave liquids well, but that is not what it is meant for. I do wish you would include the different nozzles (I think +30 mesh & -100 mesh) you had in the original Gold Lab video. Hard to fine tune it with only the one option.
#18006 by rookieminer
Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:10 pm
From what I know of material costs, time spent designing and testing, and the time spent putting one together. I think it sounds like a fair price.
I mean, come on how much money do you think they have in materials for the blue bowl. I bet a heck of alot less than the EZ Feed System.

rookieminer