Gold Recovery Equipment
Gold Rush Trading Post

Don't like seeing these ads? DONATE today and help keep OGH ad free!

What is the best Fine Gold recovery system?

Discuss anything about this vs that.

What is the best Fine Gold recovery system?

Postby newbie on Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:11 am

I am a terrible panner and slow to boot. I am looking at fine gold recovery systems like the Desert Fox spinner, Gold cube,V.B. fine gold sluice,Gold Hogg, or if anyone knows of a better one than these. which one has the highest recovery of fine gold and the best volume of material. This gold is very fine #50 mesh to barely visible but seems to abundant.
Prospector

Re: What is the best Fine Gold recovery system?

Postby alaskaflounder on Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:34 am

Best / Fastest / Cheapest / Easiest? Take your pick. Depends if you are trying to do it out on the river or bringing it home and working in the garage with a set water flow and control valves. Little more information on where and how and we can help you out.
Creating fish habitat one hole at a time.....
"I was NOT hugging that tree. I was measuring it to see what size chain saw I needed."

Gold mining and prospecting supplies available from http://www.prospectinggear.com
alaskaflounder
49er

Postby Navydude on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:31 am

I'm trying to recover flour gold too. I went to DK nugget and they set me up with a blue spiral wheel for $330. I'm classifying my material down to 30 mesh today and then I'll use the spiral wheel. I'll let you know if it's worth buying.
Navydude
49er

Postby goldsuckers on Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:01 am

MERCURY!!!
goldsuckers
49er

Postby alaskaflounder on Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:08 am

I am particularly fond of mercury too as long as it is handled safely and appropriately.

Personally,
+12 mesh = Pan
12-30 mesh = Cleanup sluice (I have both the MacKirk Predator 3 and the Gold Recovery Equipment)
30- mesh = Blue Bowl feeding cleanup sluice

IF you do use mercury, then the easiest way to separate it is to put it into the Blue Bowl and blast it. Merc will stay to the outside of the bowl while all other material will go towards the middle.
"I was NOT hugging that tree. I was measuring it to see what size chain saw I needed."

Gold mining and prospecting supplies available from http://www.prospectinggear.com
alaskaflounder
49er

Postby newbie on Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:12 am

I would be bringing the cons back to the shop could use recirculated water or hose does not matter just wanted the most effecient method.
Prospector

Postby alaskaflounder on Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:28 am

I like the BB for my -30 fines, but it still looses some that I find in my recovery sluices. Putting the plumbing on with the valves really helps regulate water flow. Main suggestion I have is to have a consistent water flow for whatever you end up with.

alaskaflounder
49er

Postby Miner Mikes Metals on Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:01 pm

I like to use My clean up sluice I just classify every thing down to 8 mesh with My clean up trommle and fill the 5 gal bucket turn it on and go take a nap. after 1/2 hour I pan the cons and save the Black Sands for My gas fired ball mill and amalgamation mill, retort in the winter. You cant go wrong with mercury, a clean up sluice, and a gold pan.
Miner Mikes Metals
Prospector

Postby Miner Mikes Metals on Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:05 pm

Miner Mikes Metals wrote:I like to use My clean up sluice I just classify every thing down to 8 mesh with My clean up trommle and fill the 5 gal bucket turn it on and go take a nap. after 1/2 hour I pan the cons and save the Black Sands for My gas fired ball mill and amalgamation mill, retort in the winter. You cant go wrong with mercury, a clean up sluice, and a gold pan.

We werk with lots of cons thats why are set up is a little more complex thean most. Just find what works for you and dont be afraid to try new things. Good Luck out there.

Miner Mike...................
Miner Mikes Metals
Prospector

Postby Navydude on Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:14 pm

Dk nugget's version of the Desert Fox isn't living up to it's claim. I classified to 30 mesh, followed the instructions, and I'm having no luck. I've adjusted the angle, spray bars, etc...still no luck. The gold flakes float out the bottom of spiral wheel and end up in reservoir and tailings pan (yes, I added Jet Dry). I'm taking this machine back to dk nugget with some of my cons. If they can make it work in my presence then I'll keep it. If not, I'll return it and get a blue bowl. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on the spiral wheel method of flour gold extraction?
Navydude
49er

Next

Return to This vs That