Post photos from your outings or club get together's.
#28528 by lastchancelarry
Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:47 am
just wanted to thank jim and pam and all those associated with the get together last weekend at burnt river caMP....JUST LIKE ADVERTISED GOOD PEOPLE GOOD GOLD AND GOOD TIMES...IT WAS A BIT SMOKY...BUT MAN WHAT A GREAT TIME..MET SOME GREAT PEOPLE and learned a bunch........and thanks to kevin for I finally have faith in my minelab 705 and know how to operate the thing.....lol.....after 1 1/2 years of fiddling around with it...i know can actually go out and look for gold......and was able to spend some quality time with Gma...so thusrday night i had a bucket of material from floydd the vendor, (it was from pine creek i believe) and panned it on gmas kithcen table til midnight...she got so excited when we found some color in the pan.....,that was priceless...she is 89 next month and had a great time but was following me around trying to keep up with a bit of mud in the kitchen...lol.....good times
thanks again
larry

Advertising

#28581 by BBQnFools
Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:33 pm
Glad to hear you had fun. Wish I could have made it.

How was the gold at the event? Was there much found, or was it mostly a learning and socializing experience? Just curious for next year.

Cheers,
Tom
#28598 by lastchancelarry
Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:52 am
you know tom, In my opinion the gold was good..i am still processing the cons they gave us..every teaspoon ful is loaded with fines and flakes..........ther was a dude that found 6 nuggets in one hole....although many people there didnt believe him..thinking it was imported so he could be the man so to speak....i dont know, he showed me flakes and two nuggets after the first day and more each day...quite an elaborate lie...but who knows.......rumor has it the gold didnt match typical gold from the area.....Ill take a pic when i am dun ..just panning it slowly in the am before work...to keep me busy...I hooked up with a couple guys and we struggled with his highbanker...Im thinkiung we washed some gold into the pit, but we found some color on our own..Didnt metal detect cause of time constraints...I have some material I brought home and panned a couple out of it and found some flakes...so far I am happy with the take......there wer quite a few pickers in the draw.....and the guy, vern who drew the last number got a bonus extra picker...he was excited....so long story short..I think it was some good gold
the finish panner/s were getting gold out of every pan for the common dig..definitly gonna go back next year...
lastchance