Chat about anything you want.
#9911 by cwlbunch
Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:58 am
just got off the phone with the DEQ Oregon still no 700 permit but found some time out about high banking you need a DEQ 600 Permit for high banking within the high water marks of all streams and or waterways with in Oregon (no cost for the 600 permit) and a permit from Water Resources Department of Oregon to take water from a stream or waterway with in Oregon and within the waterway of Oregon and there is a cost for this permit $250.00 :o and you will be denied that permit. :evil:

so I talk to the Water Master in Douglas County he said to save your money and dig a hole were the ground water will fill the hole as long as no water from the stream is filling the hole and use that water and no permit will be required from the WRD
:lol: bite me Oregon DEQ on your Permits still going to dredge and high bank my Claims

Advertising

#9935 by oregongold.net
Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:38 pm
Listen people...Oregon Law does not trump Federal law. These permits are illegal and a waste of money. Another scheme created by the demoncraps to steal from your wallet.

Invest in a sidearm.
#15420 by Nathan
Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:59 pm
This is such a confusing topic. DEQ wants to require the highbanker to obtain a 600 permit for out of stream work and it seems if you use the HB combo to dredge instream, they would want the 700 permit as well.
Mining laws grant us the federal right to pursue this activity without the need for permits. Getting a permit binds us to the conditions and penalties of the permit, legal or not.
No permit puts us in a position, if confronted by LE, of possible fines and confiscation of equipment and who knows what else.
As we all saw with Ron Spears, things are not always the way we say they are. Citing mining rights to someone (LEO's and the like) who dont know the mining laws themselves and are only drones enforcing what they are told may not play out the way we think it should.
What is a person to do? Am I only talking myself into following what I am told and end up being a drone myself, throwing away my rights (like everyone else who has applied for these permits) because I am unsure of the outcome and scared of standing up for my granted right.

This sucks

All I know is I want to pursue my god given right ( we are a country founded on this idea) and get my highbanker wet without being bothered.
#15483 by rookieminer
Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:34 am
I have been highbanking and dredging a little bit the last two summers and havn't bothered getting any permits. This year I decided that I should probably get my permits. After looking at all the permits "they" say you are supposed to have I'm considering not getting them again. It's rediculous how many permits they want you to have it seems like every permit just tells you you also need another permit. They also make the information on what permits you need very confusing like they are hoping that no one will get all of them so anyone could be prosecuted.
I've also read on this forum that "legally" you don't need all of these permits, it's just Oregon who wants you to get them. But I don't think that will stop them from ticketing me if they are in the mood.

I was also just looking at the 700 permit for dredging and they want the location where you will be dredging. But like most people I want to dredge in several locations this year. Do you need a separate permit for every location that you want to dredge?

Any imput on this subject will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

rookieminer
#15484 by fishing4gold
Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:26 am
rookie - READ the permit for the 700 - it asks where you "think" you will be doing most of your dredging - and np you do not need a permit for each location if you are running a "moble" operation. People site all the old mining laws - laws do change over the years whether people like it or not - just a fact - if laws didn't change look where we might be now. . .still in the dark ages - I am not disputing peoples right to mine, however I do believe there does need to be some "balance". . .it just hard getting there. Just my thoughts. . .
#15491 by William6
Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:59 pm
[quote="Nathan"]This is such a confusing topic. DEQ wants to require the highbanker to obtain a 600 permit for out of stream work and it seems if you use the HB combo to dredge instream, they would want the 700 permit as well.
Mining laws grant us the federal right to pursue this activity without the need for permits. Getting a permit binds us to the conditions and penalties of the permit, legal or not.
No permit puts us in a position, if confronted by LE, of possible fines and confiscation of equipment and who knows what else.

I figure that getting the illegal permits is done under duress and threat of prosecution, so any contract is void should I ever face citation under them for going outside their parameters.
#15508 by fishing4gold
Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:04 pm
pk - The 700 for dredging costs $25 for a year - the panning & sluice is free. . .read it carefully.. . .
#15517 by pk1225
Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:16 pm
Man what happened? I was a "49er", now I've lost 10 posts and I'm back to being a seasoned prospector.

I'm guessing that first Ron Spears thread got pulled.