Chat about anything you want.

Advertising

#9226 by justinburnett
Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:09 am
I ALMOST went down there but I didn't know where to access the river and leave the dredge in the water. Went somewhere else and kinda got skunked, but it was fun, and I got a nice new warm wetsuit (since I'm a retard and forgot mine).
#9232 by Goldschlager
Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:00 pm
justinburnett wrote: (since I'm a retard and forgot mine).

Welcome to my world.
#9233 by kerbyjackson
Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:46 pm
As a bit of a sidenote, you'll notice that GPID claims that this site is their private property and checked for permits. Though they seemed to be okay over the SIX machines I saw down in the water, this is just a heads up on the facts.

For one, remember that GPID has no jurisdiction and authority over mining. Anyone who uses this site who is questioned about permits by GPID, should ask what their jurisdiction and authority over mining is. GPID are a quasi corporation and have NONE. (Interestingly enough, GPID did start out as a mining interest and grew up out of the old Ament Co. who owned Dry Diggins in the Bloody Run drainage above Pearce Riffle. You can still see part of the Ament Dam at Pearce Riffle, which in the teens, some of the local fish cannery companies tried to blow up. Locally, it's known as the "Roman Ruins", but few people know about it's connection to mining). At one time, they (the Ament Co.) had the legislative power of a Mining District (Dry Diggins), but no more. All that ended once some Chicago shareholders looted the Aments shortly before WW1).

Two, the Savage Rapids site is actually managed by the State of Oregon. See the map below, which clearly shows the blue shading of State (public) ownership. It's a PUBLIC area, which is why it's long been a popular spot of fishermen and boaters. (Watch out for hooks, line, lead and lures, guys.)

The unshaded area upstream, by the way, is property of Jackson County Parks and Recreation, but Jackson County told me that GPID do have some sort of lease arrangement - at least over the former site of Savage Rapids Park. (This is upstream, by Savage Creek Rd.)

Needless to say, be kind to GPID employees if contacted, but remember your rights too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
#9237 by goldsuckers
Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:44 pm
;) Wow kirbyjackson, man you know youre $^!(), I must say you are the above normall computer bro! Links, Maps, etc. But i must say this about you, that you must know some secrets of southern oregon for some gold we all dont know. Or perhaps you want to go and cant! But I love youre style, and videos, and knolwedge! who knows down the road youre the next buzzard massie????? ;)
#9242 by spilsnthrils
Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:09 am
If I where you guys I would go down stream on the next bend if you can get down there. I see all kinds of people digging at the old damn site on my way to one of my gold spots in Gold Hill. You guys are digging on the wrong side of the river :D